Friday, January 9, 2015

JBL Headphones Synchros S700


Review of products JBL synchros S700 headphones  , and will be compared with the V-Moda M100, the closest class with this price range. As my first review ever on this blog I describe as accurately as possible in the words of the English language though not perfect, but at the same time may be understood clearly to to maintain your confidence to a product class hi-end headphones this.

Although it is not easy to get headphones for $ 300 without having read some of the objectives of true audiophiles. But I have confidence in a brand new and LiveStage DSP technology, which really can get the satisfaction of, or failure due to not liking. For that I saw, and almost sure it will have a warm sound, embracing, like Bose. Or I was totally wrong in this assessment.

With the same settings I have tried to use this with the iPhone 5s, no amplifiers, no EQ, DSP ON, and compared with Vmoda M100 and Sony XB920.

Let us begin to review JBL synchros  S700 Headphones:

Bass: Feels heavy, but not too dominant for my taste: rolleyes:. Every single low notes right, and equipped with texture and shape, and is expressed in a definite way above you can grab a pen and draw it. Crank up the volume, select EQ, and you will feel your head reeling, without sacrificing a lot of detail. It does not add unnecessary bass tracks that do not need it, like other bass heavy headphones. Compared with the M100, is both deeper bass with more extending, despite not having "fun" signatures with less punchy sound and forward. Bass there, but not IN-YOUR-FACE kind of bass, like the Sony XB-920 are quite muddy and vibrating in my ears. But as I said, these cans are more than willing to go if you push them. wink.gif Very little to no distortion at max volume.

MID: it's really hard for me to fully describe it, because I do not have experience in this field. It sounds so rich and accurate, the sound can be heard with tone crispier than with my V-Moda, not necessarily a good thing if you listen to rap / hip hop music, but for most of the time, it works very well. biggrin.gif

Top: Clear. Crispy. Sharp. Every detail shines like a Christmas light in a dark house, nothing is lost, but never felt hard in my ears, not like my Audiotechnica M50. Raise the volume and the bass did not bother, each tone has its own path. After a few moments listening to the S700 and will return to the V-Moda M100, I immediately felt that something was not right: the edge of the square is now gone, leaving me with a half circle. I hope you understand what this means. cool.gif

Extensive stage and have a great instrument separation.

JBL country is intended to make the music sound like they were originally intended to be, and I agree! In fact so much, that now I turn off my EQ and do not need the help of the BBE Sonic Max applications to improve my listening experience. I really like this S700 much. They also said LiveStage technology will make you feel like at concerts, sometimes not, but most of the time, it was a kind of music that is really important. Do not expect them to perform magic.

DSP and LiveStage: To turn off and DSP feature, which is basically an integrated amp inline, press the left button for 3 seconds, and there is a fine white light and a few beeps to tell you so. When off, it still works but it does not sound like a living, and I have to go back to my fiios Andes EQ or Amp to match the sound. At no point did I feel the need to plug in an amp while the DSP is ON, it really TOO MUCH in this configuration. For casual listening, works well without the DSP, but I would never pay $ 300 for it.

There is a phrase in the box that says: "Nothing is more powerful than the original." I'll never come up with a better phrase to describe the  JBL synchros S700, because for me, they are that good.
Now, because no one is perfect, let's jump to the build quality, accessories, and important observations.

In the box: You will find aux cable 2x 3-button, for android and iPhone. They 2.5mm to 3.5mm. You read it right, 2.5mm input on the left side of the headphones, sincere, what on earth were they thinking? Is there any way humanly possible to get a replacement? I do not know. Next is 2.5mm to USB cable, used to fill the internal li-ion battery unit. It took about 2 hours from empty to full. A bag is also included, and because the headphones only change to the side to sit flat and not much anyway, it's pretty big. You have to unplug before storing it in this case, I wonder how many times I could do it before 2.5mm connector or cable breaks. For $ 300 headphones I expected more, or maybe Vmodas raised my expectations a little too high?

Build quality is top class, with no cheap plastic look and a very solid construction. This is one tough couple cans. Most are made of aluminum, it looks and feels like it was made by apple. I would say it's strong enough to be in pairs with the M100, but at the same time has a classy feel and look into it. Hard anodizing in mine is sempurna.namun, cables come with a big disappointment, I just saw this thin wires in the sub $ 50 headphones. And unfortunately, there is no substitute at the moment due to the 2.5mm input on the unit. Those who know where to get a better cable, please let me know.
I can not upload pictures as I am writing this review on the iPad, but I hope to be able to upload some pictures soon.

Important observation: There Are 12 positions to adjust the size of the S700, and I pulled it down to 11. For those with a head bigger than me, this could be a potential problem. (I have an average head size)

  • It Can be used with DSP OFF, but I have not used a lot in this way because it sounds so much life when on. The battery should last at least 28 hours.
  • As stated earlier, not the best quality cable and 2.5mm on the side of the headphones, so it can be difficult to find the right replacement for it.
  • Although Headphones are comfortable, clamping force is still very strong in mine, I could not wear it for more than 2 hours straight.
Bottom line: great sound, headphones that deliver accurate, and then some more. It sits on the line between accuracy and audiophile grade headphones modern clarity, and wipe the floor with any consumer-directed integrated headphone amp in this price range (beats, monster, soul, 50cent, you name it).

Well here it is. I hope this review has been helpful for those who have a hard time finding reviews, questions, do not hesitate to ask me before buy this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment